NRREP Budget

 

The total Budget of NRREP for 5 years is USD 184 millions. Out of the total budget  of NRREP, the Government of Nepal (GoN) contribution is around 35% and remaining 65% contribution from the International Development Partners through basket Fund. The GoN contribution to CREF will be 40% in the first FY, and then will increase by 2% annually. 

 

Total budget available for NRREP is distributed among components as follows:

 

Component  USD Million % Contribution
Central Renewable Energy Fund (CREF) 127 69.02
Technical Support Component 40.1 21.79
PEU Component 8.4 4.57
NRREP Management 5.1 2.77
Studies, Audits Reviews 3.4 1.85
Total 184 100

Notes: NRREP Management also includes staff and recurrent costs of AEPC.

The table below presents the indicative budget of NRREP for 5 years based on source

Source   Currency Amount in Million USD Million % Contribution
Danida DKK 205 34.7 19
Norway NOK 150 24.7 13
DFID GBP 5 7.6 4
GIZ EUR 5 6.4 3
KfW EUR 15 19.2 10
UNDP USD 5 5 3
SNV EUR 1 1.3 1
SREP USD 20 20 11
GoN NPR 5474 65 35
Total     184 100

 

NRREP envisage the assumption that the agreed financial resources are smoothly forthcoming from GoN and Development Partners to NRREP in order to avoid periodic funding gaps which potentially would lead to disruptions in NRREP implementation, including subsidy provision.

 

Click Here for Annual Work Plan(AWP) of AEPCNRREP for 2014-15

 

Click here for the Activity & Donor Wise Expenditure