Gender Equality & Social Inclusion
AEPC is recognized as an effective, efficient and GESI proactive institution for the promotion and development of RE sector
Improve living standard of rural women and men, increase employment of women and men as well as productivity, reduce dependency on traditional energy and attain sustainable development through integrating the alternative energy with the socio-economic activities of women and men in the rural communities
To reach RET services to unreached people in the rural areas, those are Disadvantaged Group (DAG), Poor, Women and conflict victims. For this purpose AEPC is recognized as an effective, efficient and pro GESI institution for development and dissemination of renewable energy sector.
To challenges on existing chaos in power relationships, structures and institutions by seeking social, political and economic transformation from the household, community, market up to the state level. This approach aims to create space for new realities and relationships, so that girls, boys, women and men of any age, class, caste, ethnicity, religious identity or different ability are enabled to live with dignity, justice and respect, asserting their rights and responsibilities.
The most distinctive feature of NRREP is its holistic package combination of financial support as subsidy and credit, technical assistance as technical inputs (hardware and software) and capacity building of service providers / duty bearer as well as educates and empower targeted population as right holders on technology use and application for betterment of their livelihood.
The target areas for GESI interventions are policy level, program level and beneficiary’s level. The strategic intervention areas and target for each level will be different but all will contribute from their own level to achieve goal/ objectives of the program. The below picture shows the target groups, their roles and influencing areas:
GESI Mainstreaming approach:
• Affirmative action and positive discrimination to the targeted groups
• Subsidy and credit facilities for the targeted groups
• Social mobilization with reflect methodology to assess needs of targeted groups and enabling their demand dynamics
• Frequent critical analysis on demand and supply of the target groups
• Work with likeminded and right holders organizations
• Coordinate and collaborate with local bodies, line agencies, social leaders and media
• GESI capacity building of the stakeholders and partners at all levels
• Create platform for GESI responsive RET knowledge building, sharing and learning
• Piloting action research adopting right based approach to reach poor women and men, and women belonging to janjati, dalit, madhesi, muslim and other backward communities (OBCs).
• Revising and devising from the lessons learned and up-scaling of the good practices.
GESI Operational Framework:
The GESI mainstreaming plan will be intended to work in 3 broader areas such as product, service and institution, in a way that all the RET services delivered to the targeted people as their needs and demand in a responsive way. The operational framework for GESI mainstreaming is as follows:
GESI Mainstreaming Strategy:
• Decentralized RET services through DDC, VDC, municipality and local service providers
• Capacity building of local bodies, regional and local stakeholders and right holder’s organizations to make them accountable
• Positive discrimination in selecting Banks/MFIs/ cooperatives to flow credit facilities ensuring credit access/facility to the target groups
• Adoption of social mobilization process which will address targeted groups’ needs and demands as well as support for the meaningful participation
• Promotion of technology end use for employment and income generation of targeted groups.
• Promote GESI responsive RET policy, strategy, periodic plan, rules and regulations and program and budget
• Institutionalize GESI disaggregated (quantitative and qualitative) database system, regular monitoring mechanism/reporting, review/evaluation
Establish monitoring framework to manage disaggregated database at all level
• Strengthening of AEPC as GESI responsive institution
• Promotion of RET through different modes and means to extend access to rural women and men, and women and men from poor and DAG groups
• Collaborate for Research and development (R&D) to design and promote gender friendly RET
• Establishment of knowledge management system for GESI responsive RET knowledge
|1||Parbata Bhatta||Component Manager|
|2||Shivahari Budhathoki||Assistant Program Officer|
For more details please Click Here