Roles and Responsibilities
AEPC was set up to promote the use of alternative/renewable energy technologies to meet the energy needs in Nepal. Since October 2018, AEPC has been mandated for the promotion of Energy Efficiency activities. Acting as an intermediary institution between the operational level NGOs/private promoters of renewable energy and the policy decision levels in relevant ministries, AEPC's activities include renewable energy and energy efficiency policy formulation, planning and facilitating the implementation of the policies/plans.
The main roles and responsibilities of AEPC are as follows:
- Work as the national focal agency for Alternative/Renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Short, medium and long term policy and plan formulation.
- Implementation of Renewable energy and energy efficiency programmes and initiatives.
- Standardization, quality assurance and monitoring.
- Service and support.
- Subsidy and financial assistance delivery.
- Coordination with various government organizations, development partners, NGOs/INGOs and the private sector.
- Monitoring, evaluation and quality control
- Strengthening AEPC and its partners.
- Work on Climate Change and Carbon Emission Reduction
- Integration of Energy Efficiency in a mainstream national energy context